Furnaces are one of the most common heating systems in the country. They provide consistent and efficient heat for many homeowners in Point Pleasant, NJ. However, like everything else they eventually can start to have problems. At Heritage Air and Heat, we offer complete furnace repairs in Point Pleasant, NJ. We wanted to put together a list of some of the more common furnace repairs that we see so that you’ll be able to recognize the issues when they happen to you.
Strange Furnace Sounds
Your furnace usually makes sounds as it operates but if you start to notice new or strange sounds you should definitely pay attention. Here are some of the more common furnace sounds that could indicate that you need repairs.
- Rattling – While rattling can sometimes indicate a loose bolt, it can also mean that your heat exchanger is cracked. The heat exchanger in your furnace is responsible for exhausting all of the dangerous combustion gases that result from burning fuel—this includes carbon monoxide. If you hear rattling from your furnace, call your local heating contractor.
- Rumbling – If you have an oil-fired furnace that is rumbling it can sometimes mean that there is uncombusted fuel in the fuel chamber. This is obviously a safety issue.
No Heat or Not Enough Heat
If your furnace has stopped producing heat or if it isn’t producing enough heat, you probably need to call for furnace repairs in Point Pleasant, NJ.
- Thermostat – Heat problems can be caused by the thermostat in your home. If it’s malfunctioning it could be causing your furnace not to provide enough heat.
- Air filter – If the air filter in your furnace is clogged it could be restricting the flow of air into your home. This can obviously cause your home not to get enough hot air.
- Pilot light/thermocouple – If you’re having issues with your pilot light it could keep your home from getting enough heat. The thermocouple in your furnace is a safety feature that shuts off the flow of gas into your furnace if the pilot light goes out. If the thermocouple in your furnace isn’t working well it could shut off the gas in your furnace.
If you need any kind of furnace repairs in Point Pleasant, NJ, call the experts at Heritage Air and Heat.